These bright green jewels are one of the best spring ingredients. With peas, it is possible to prepare different dishes. Perfect with pasta even better if served alone as a side dish! Of course, this season offers us beautiful days, but also sporadic rains and, when the temperature drops a little, we need comforting food, like the green peas velouté that we offer today!
An enveloping cream that will appeal to adults and children. Thanks to its perfect consistency obtained by the addition of a secret ingredient. A few tablespoons of cream will make the sweet peas even more delicious! At first taste, you will fall in love with the cream of peas. These gems will seduce you at a glance. Even in a beautiful sunny day, this soup is perfect as an alternative to a first pasta dish!
Once again, the simple recipes of the past and the basic ingredients of the kitchen reveal recipes that were originally vegan.
- Fresh green peas 1kg
- White onions 100gr
- Grana Padano DOP 50gr
- Double cream 20gr
- Broth 400gr
- Olive oil 30gr
- Pepper q.b.
- Salt q.b.
- To prepare the pea cream we should start to prepare the vegetable broth, when it is ready, clean the onion, then cut it into slices.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over low heat and immerse the onion. Let the onion lightly simmer, stirring frequently to prevent it from burning. Then add the peas, salt, pepper and mix everything.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then cover with 350 g vegetable broth (keep aside 50 g). Continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes, then turn off the heat and use an immersion blender,
- Mix by adding the reserved vegetable broth until smooth and the desired density. Add the double creme turn the heat on again and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, stirring often. Transfer your pea cream to a strainer and filter it with a spatula to make it even more creamy.
- Serve your pea soup with cream and decorate it with Grana Padano flakes before serving hot or warm at your pleasure!
You can replace the cream with milk or use more vegetable broth. To garnish the velvety peas more heavily, instead of Grana Padano's flakes, you can use diced bacon to sauté in a saucepan or make cubes of bread in a saucepan or under the oven rack with a little bit of aromatic oil or aromatic herbs until golden and crispy!
Pea soup may be stored in a refrigerator for up to 1-2 days in an airtight container. You can also freeze portions if you have used fresh, undelayed ingredients!
Nutrition InformationYield 7 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 195 Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 5mg Sodium 170mg Carbohydrates 26g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 8g Sugar 10g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 9g
Did you like the recipe?
Let us know in the comments below and do not forget to rate the recipe!